Monday, July 05, 2010

Day 34. Dear Blackberry...

I am technologically illiterate. I am also very unlucky with phones. I never bother getting the latest model because I am certain that it will end up drowned in juice or lost in a taxi. When my brother was a toddler he casually walked up to me, picked up my Nokia and dipped it into a glass of orange juice. And this is where the curse of THE DROWNED MOBILE PHONE has started. Since that moment no phone has lasted more than half a year with me. The same is true for my Nokia Xpress music, it was a birthday present from my husband last year, it was touchpad and sleek. Cynthia claims touchpad phones shouldn’t even be allowed in the same room as me. She’s got a point. But this one was so pretty!!! A few weeks back, I put a bottle of orange juice (!!!) into my bag, the cap came off and the sticky orange goo leaked all around and right into the screen of my touchpad phone. Needless to say that was the end of it. Since then I have received another birthday present (although belated- but still very appreciated). Blackberry Storm. I took me over a day to figure out how to unlock it, and then another two days to find out how to reset the ringing profile. It’s a nuisance really. It is a very useful tool for work, as a PR manager I need to constantly be in touch with editors and journalists, and other clients of the hotel. I find this device truly precious. But that doesn’t change the fact that I have so far only learnt to set the alarm and set the phone on silent. I am getting there…baby steps…

1 comment:

  1. Just make sure this phone doesnt go swimming...enough with drowning phones!!! seriously!

    ReplyDelete