Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A bride at 6 a.m

Although we moved in together a few weeks before the wedding, we tradionally spend the night before the wedding apart. He was in our new apartment (refer to "the stripper who slept over" post), and I was with my mom and my maid of honor who crashed with us,because she flew in from Oman for the wedding. There I was at 12 a.m franticly trying to organize last minute details, counting my pairs of shoes, checking that my nails didnt fall off, checking on my dress every 15 min. I was obsessive to say the least. Was I nerveous? Or scared?Not even a little bit. At least not about getting married. I was nerveous the photographer will forget additional batteries, that the cake will fall down,that the kids invited will be jumping in the pool...but I was not nerveous about spending the rest of my life with Alex. I didnt have a single doubt.


On the 19th of September, I woke up around 5:45 am, by 6:am my hairdresses was supposed to come over to do my hair an make up. Because we were on such a tight schedule it was impossible to go to a salon (which wouldn't be open so early in the morning).


Albina, my hairdresses was late. She lived right next door, so actually coming over didnt take that long-waking her up did! But once she was over at our place, everything went smoothly. Myself, my mom and My Cynthia were up for hairstyles and make up. I went first, and after an hour later my hair was done. I considered extensions for my wedding day, but had to shake off the idea. I find brides with glued on nails, hair extensions and fake eyelashes too superficial. I can just see them taking it all off the next morning and giving their husbands the shock of his life, ya this is what I really look like. I hoped to be as natural as possible.


I wouldn't tolerate any glued on hair, bright red lipstick or eyelashes that created wind currents when battered. I did opt for the glued on nails though, it was a nice change from my usual bit off/injured nails, so I had them painted light pink with white flowers the day before the wedding. My make up stayed neutral too, smokey eyes effect, good foundation, and some lipgloss. I never undrestood it when brides put 2 kilos of make up on their face making them literally unrecognisable to the public! Before I knew it, it was already 9:30 a.m. and it was time to rush off to my grandmothers house, where Alex would "buy me away" from...
P.S I didnt pay a cent for my hair and make up. It was a present from a hair dresser. I ve been a loyal customer for 5 years, and she was more than happy to help me out on my wedding day :) I am surrounded by lovely people this way :) Thank you honey!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, you looked beautiful and very natural. I absolutely agree with everything you have said. The only thing that I will do is nails as well, since it is quite hard to grow anything presentable on wedding day having a baby boy running around. I don't know why people think that there more make up there better it is. Real life clowns, which looks just tacky. Your hair were very beautiful and right for your dress, since you shoulders were opened. I loved you smokey eyes! Make up was very tasteful! You were perfect and just yourself, which is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey :)
    I am really excited to see your pix next :)
    I expect you to have photgraphs of the littlest things!Followed by a blog ofcourse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Sweetie! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete