Monday, June 13, 2011

I am upset about…

1. The heat. The mind numbing-brain-melting heat. The other day I thought about skipping lunch because the thought of walking from the office to my parked car was a little unbearable. I am possibly exaggerating a little but I think the fact that I CANT TOUCH THE WHEEL OF MY CAR during the day is a sure indicator of the sun overdoing it. I tried going to the beach. Eating three scoops of Baskin Robins. Yet I have come to conclusion that I would prefer to take a nap until October.

2. Two butt-ugly cats that my building has adopted. These skinny, vicious looking animals are lounging around all day long waiting for one of the neighbors to bring over a saucer of milk or grilled chicken breast for their satisfaction! My neighbors must be out of their minds because they have actually resorted to feeding these invaders! Now, now. I am all for “feeding homeless animals” but these two fiends look like something hell threw up. I have never been a fan of Omani cats. They are not lovable and they are not affectionate. Half the time they are missing an eye or a tail. They freak me out. Every time I walk past them I am under the impression that the tougher looking one will jolt up and sink his huge white fangs into my ankles. They growl. I am pretty sure they growl.



3. The neighbor who bullies us. We lived in the same apartment for about two years now. Since the bike was stolen we resorted to a second vehicle, which is a norm around here. When we moved in the building was half empty, so we took the liberty of spray painting our flat number on the relevant parking space to ensure that we always have a spot under the shade. Ha ha. This gesture was rudely ignored by every Dick (and Harry..or however the saying goes). So I learned to live with that and we only park in the shade on a first-come-first-served basis now. Only when we have both of our cars parked there a grumpy neighbor blocks Alex’s car off with his and then endures being woken up at 6:30am with a pissed off Alex to move his car the fuck awaaaaay. This petty man ensures us that the shaded parking space is for 1 member of the family only. This happened twice so far. We refuse to adhere to any “rules” this man made up, because 1. He is not the landlord and 2. The next time he does that I will call the police on his annoying ass.


4. Dunkin Donuts at the 18th November petrol station. Just this morning the thought of having a doughnut for breakfast helped me get out of bed. En route to work I stopped by the Oman Oil petrol station to pick up a few snacks and breakfast only to be cautioned “don’t buy those doughnuts madam, they are very old”. The salesman must have recently been elected employee of the month. So here is an idea Captain Duh, take them out of the little pink Dunkin Donuts fridge until new ones arrive, coz a strawberry/chocolate donut still looks good no matter how old it is. (Yes I did buy it, but no I didn’t eat it).

5. The fact that we have still not been able to find an Omani employee for my mom’s store. Hence the store remains closed for the public. Of course we have interviewed about a dozen girls who all promised to “Call back tomorrow” or “Start on Saturday at 9am sharp” but they were never heard from again. What is going on? What pisses me off the most if that when the tale is told everyone rolls their eyes and says “Oh well, Omanis! What do you expect?” Damn it that is not an excuse and no that is not an Omani thing to do!!!! That irritates me! Can someone please prove them wrong already? The timing seems to be perfect as everyone is yelling right left and center about a lack of career opportunities and attractive jobs in the market. Well here is one! Grab it!

I am done ranting. At least for today.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww...

    1. My proposition for you to come to Thailand. It rains every single day and weather is very pleasant. :)


    2. Hahahaha, sorry to hear about growling cats. :))) Agree with you about these kind of cats. They look waaaaay too freaky. :)

    3. I am not sure how it work in Oman, but when every owner buys a condo in Thailand, they usually get a parking place along. Maybe you should talk to your landlord?

    4. Well, still gotta admire honesty of an employee, cause never in my life any salesman or waiter in the world said that something wasn't fresh. :)))

    5. Geeeee and people talk about uneployment in Oman. huh. I am sorry. Truly hope soon you will find a good girl for your mom's store and post pics already of a store and especially everything you sell in there. :)

    Oh oh oh and do rant! It's fun to read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahah i love the second point. i saw that cat, could look worse! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had that donut experience too: "don't buy it, it's not fresh". I also wondered why they didn't just throw it out. I'd like to think it's because nasty customers would be allowed to buy it and therefore I'm a nice one. But I suspect they just can't be bothered.

    Maybe I will mention it to OOMC (the operators of the business). I might also mention that, if when the ice cream is delivered it's covered in ice, it means it's melted and been re-frozen, and when you open it, the vile chemical concoction will have separated, robbing you of the illusion that it's lovely frozen cream with vanilla in it. So they should send it away again instead of putting it in the freezer and selling it to me.

    Damn...they really didn't like me that much...

    ReplyDelete