Thursday, May 12, 2011

And the award goes to...

It's been an odd week here in blogland with the bloggers taking their picks at blogs of note and reposting the ranking for others to see. Oman Collective Intelligence set off the rocket with their post on Top 15 most popular blogs in Oman, which was then reposted by Dhofar Gucci (who made it to #4 on the list-Congratulations!!!). The list was also linked on The Oman Brit's post and she went on to put together her own list of blogs she enjoys. I did a little shriek of happiness when I discovered Is This Serious on the 3rd position of The Oman Brit's favorite blogs! C's blog was made headlines! When C launched her blog some three months ago, I posted a link here calling it my anti-blog and recommending for everyone to check it out because it has zest and attitude! I believe Angry in Oman has inspired C to speak out and say it as it is; be it about getting followed, getting sued or even getting your eyebrows done in Oman! So dear C, thank you for the frustration that you have endured and are now willingly sharing with us for our amusement! We LOVE your blog!
Here a few of my favorite quotes from Is This Serious:

“As I was walking back home, grown ass men started barking at the dog, so I shouted MORE so everybody shuts up. Now I am known in the neighborhood as the crazy dog lady who screams at people.”

“Even if I told someone fuck fuck fuckidy fuck, why would they actually bother making that into an issue instead of catching REAL criminals, sex offenders, and thieves! It’s not like we don’t have enough issues to address!!”

“Groomer: Yes madam, no problem. Only hair, no head.

Me: YESSS head!!!!! NO BALLS. JUST DON’T SHAVE HIS BALLS. OK????”

So dear readers please pay Is This Serious a visit to find out what all the fuss is about.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! hahahaha did i say all these things!?

    Thank you for the post!!!! i started blogging after you telling me time and time again that i really should! so thanks for giving me the push!! :P (if i get sued, you will bail me out. haha)

    I love the blogs here in Oman....i remember u sent me the angry in Oman posts that i found hillarious!! i just thought since there is 1 angry person, should i really blog as well?? :P

    I learnt alot from you about blogging, how to set it up and you were the first one to promote it! so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Groomer: Yes madam, no problem. Only hair, no head.

    Me: YESSS head!!!!! NO BALLS. JUST DON’T SHAVE HIS BALLS. OK????”

    - I just spat my tea out reading that! EPIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @C- I am glad you took the advice and started writing. The only thing wrong with your blog is that you sometimes take breaks for a whooole day! I mean- what am I supposed to read after I am done with your post? Gimme more gimme gimme more
    @TheOmaniBrit- :) taken out of context that is indeed a very interesting sentence

    ReplyDelete