Thursday, February 05, 2009

Our Wedding-The Proposal



A biker wedding is the nightmare every mother of a teen girl may probably have at least once in her life. Frankly, I am blessed to have a mother who didnt protest (much!) to our marriage.
As life has it I went to colledge in Uzbekistan, and my parents life in Oman. So much of the dating-a-biker went unseen and unspoken of. Меньше знаешь крепче спишь- the less you know the better you sleep as a Russian proverb says!
However the proposal was a huge deal, arranged on Easter, in accordance with all Russian tradions-where the groom asks for the hand of marriage, from either the father of the bride or the eldest present member of the family!
Thats how my future-husband, ended up in my grmother house (with his WHOLE family) early Easter morning (27th April 08) to ask for my hand in marriage from my grand mother! On the picture above you can see his grandmother on the left and mine on the right-thank god for grandmother who keep traditions and breath an air of real unity into a relationship.
We had 9 people crowded into our sitting room, and one scarlet-faced-sweating-nail-baiting biker ready to make his move! Needless to say it was nervewrecking. 

1 comment:

  1. I heard the details from my mum (aka your darling biker's aunt). It was from a different perspective. How they discussed and rehearsed everything on the way to your place in the taxi, how they took the staircase and nearly dropped the Easter cake. Honestly, it was hilarious! I was all lolz! Even thou my mum didn't mean it in a funny way. Yet it was :)

    ReplyDelete