Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Day 39. CHE all the way.

Ernesto  has made his appearance in many places, from the modern clubs of Uzbekistan to the supermarket wall of a fish village in Oman. Unfortunately I do not know much about the regime or the reign of Che Guevara. Cuba has always been a place of much controversy and dispute. However the attitude conveyed by all the fans, from those who have his image blastered on their backpack as they proudly carry it to school, or on a T-shirt that is worn with dignity- it is all the same. The rebellious spirit lives in all of us. We all want to make a change. Everyone wants to be heard. This is what unites us. This is what makes the image of Ernesto Che Guevara live through the decades.

3 comments:

  1. But you know, something makes me think that half of the people wearing him on backpack, t-shirt or whatsoever have NO clue who on earth is this guy. Just that he is one cool dude, that everyone else wears. :))

    But yes, have lots of respect for Che Guevara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True :) some have no idea, but others have Google :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with vera I don't have any idea how is he? and I don't want to google and search about him. my time is really important and I only spend it by checking ur blog.:P

    ReplyDelete