Saturday, June 27, 2009

An insight...into the chaos

I was wondering how to best describe the hectic,insane,fun and absolutely stressfull wedding preparation. Then I found an email that I have written to my maid of honour, describing the stage we were in, and whate exactly was going on. I think by publishing it here, I will be able to convey more than I ever can with a simple post. So here goes:



HHeeeyyy hunooohh finally, ok and aswell tomarrow send me a passport pic of urs, as well scanned and stuff, coz i need to print 10 copies of it? okz? i ill be waitingim goood weddning organization in going on, i finally finished all my medical, lesha hasnt finished his yat!!!! as well we kinda decided whos going to be he "tamada", tht is the person who leads the wedding, like he says whos gona speak when, organizes different games, makes announcements, like the host and sutff. and its this bikery guy, hes a radio host now, and he does weddings too, and we spoke to him and i liked him, i think hes gona make it very very fun. as well me and leshas ar going to be going to 2 weddings on the 8th of august, one in Radisson hotel, because we want to make our edding there, andwe want to see it in action, like fully decorated and stuff,
and to another wedding in tashkent palace, remember where u usd to change ur money all the time? wer going to a wedding there coz this host guy, Alisher, has awedding hes doing there, s
wer going to see his work!! im planning to find a dress during this weeken as well!!!
YYYYEEEYYY.uuf im so tired, we have a
guest list of 80 ppl,
but thats theminimum, im sure its gona ne 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1ok tomarrow im waiting for ur colledge papper and
ur passport pixxxxx
HUUURRRYYY DOOORAAAA
HUUURRRYYYmmwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai wuv
u

I could have edited the spelling mistakes, and organized the sentences better, but if I did that the charm of this email would be lost. Truth is, the preparation was hectic. I had to bring in my dad and my maid of honor from abroad, which required massive paperwork. I had to
find a dress. We had to submit the medical check up results. There was just too much to do. And I was working full time too! We did attend weddings almost every weekend, to check the place and what they could offer us, we also interviewed DJ's, hosts and numerous decorators. It is impossible to put nto words, how much work went on and how many people were involved and worked hard to make this wedding as unforgettable as it was.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha.... You know your letter sounded so freaking hyper!!! LOL It is like you were living on a coffee! :) But I started to realize slowly what you have been going through and since we are going to have two ceremonies, I am like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! So I am so happy that at the end all went so great for you!!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! yes people deemed us insane for trying to have the state and church ceremony in one day, apparently that is very hard to do :)
    You will be just fine, the most important thing is to enjoy it for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember when i landed?? flowers in 1 hand, computer on the other, suitcase draging behind??? well the airport security did NOT appreciate me. i was screaming TAKE CARRREEE THE FLOWERSSS! UR SQUASHING THE FLOWERRSS. i had to explain to 15 different ppl that im goin to a wedding adn this is the bridal bouquet! not a strange flower attack plot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember how when i saw you, i pretended to hug the flowers and not you :) that was akward :)
    Thanks for bringing them, you made my bouquet unique :) Poor flowers had to be kept in the fridge for a week!

    ReplyDelete