Monday, June 08, 2009

Handmade and unique


The idea of having a dress sewn and designed especially for you would warm the heart of any bride. However not many go to such troubles, because then like me, they would need to spend their work lunchbreaks, after work and before work hours at the tailor's. Being hands on with the fabric, length, material, style and beads designs is definetly fun-but boy is it time consuming! Luckily the tailor was a good family friend, and she was very friendly with myself (Bridezilla) and patient. She shared my vision of stearing away from tradional, typical hoolahooped dresses that looked more like a rain tent. A few hours and 10 magazines later, we managed to communicate the vision for THE DRESS. It was to be white, lights, strapless, tight in the waist and flowly from the bottom. Sleek and classical. Comfortable and manageble. I've heard stories of brides who fainted because corsets were too tight, threw tantrums because they were unable to go to the toilet without assistance and who generally grew tired under the weight of their dress. I did not wish to remember my wedding day as such. I wanted to be able to walk, and dance, and jump and enjoy my own wedding-hence THE DRESS had to be fitted to those requirements. I found it accidently, in a casual evening dresses shop, it was hanging under a plastic cover, simple, white, strapless and just pefect for me. It fit me perfectly and we got it right away. A few weeks spend on it working the tailors magic, sewing in a coret, fluffing thebotoom part, installing layers and nets, resewing it because I lost weight due to wedding stress-and it was comleted. THE DRESS was ready.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is the cutest picture of you and Ilyusha EVER! LOL

    You had the most beautiful dress, that I fell in love immediately! One day I am soooo going to wear something similar! Yes, it was stressful and time consuming, but it ended up in something so elegant, classy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you honey, i was actualy telling him off in that picture, but this is just prove that photographers really do, do wonders :)

    ReplyDelete