Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2nd of April- World Autism Awareness Day

To tell you the truth, I don't know much about autism and I am a little ashamed of my own ignorance. That's why when I saw an advertisement for a walk to raise awareness of autism, I jumped at the opportunity to participate. Since the advertisement offered a limited amount of information I contacted the organizers and a few days later they were kind enough to get back to me with more details.

The walk will begin at Bareeq AlShatti at 4pm and will continue to  Al Qurum Park. At the park the organizers plan to host a concert complete with activities for children, food will also be sold at the venue.

On the 2nd of April and exhibition will take place at City Center Qurum where paintings will be sold and fun activities conducted. The money we raise from selling the shirts, food, paintings..etc will go to the Association of Early Intervention for Children with Disability which is in AL-Athaibah, as the organizers are trying to contribute in anyway to help them build a new centre.

Najla Al-Futaisi is one of the organizers of the event and she is looking to help many families with children with this disorder who are not aware of its existence.

We can all make-do with contributing to a worthy cause such as this one. Hope to see you join the walk on the 1st of April.

5 comments:

  1. Its a shame we don't have events like this in Kuwait! No wonder, locals never care about anything but money! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    My name is Balsam Awlad-wadair and I am one of the organizers of this event. I am so happy to see that people were realy interesed in this campaigne. Thank you so much for posting this, It makes me proud to know that our campaigne is really working and more people now know more about Autis.

    thanks again!
    Balsam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Balsam,

    I attended the walk yesterday together with friends and my 7 year old brother- he was thrilled to be a part of something so extensive. Great job on the events organized at Qurum park- we really had fun. I am sure next year a lot more people will be aware of the campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you had fun with ur family & on behalf of the other organizeres i would like to thank you for being there, i hope that we will be able to do something for next year's international autisim day.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I respect you and love you even more for attending these kind of events. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete