Saturday, February 05, 2011

Huge support and strange coincidences

First of all I would like to express my gratitude to Muscat Mutterings and English Girl in Oman for re-posting news about our stolen Honda. They have picked up the story exceptionally fast and hopefully with their help a lot more people will become aware of this barbarous deed.
Being the firm believer in Social Media that I am, I have created a group on Facebook called "Help Find The Stolen Honda XR 650", please feel free to join, support and spread the word.
Meanwhile, Muscat Daily is working on a story to shade some light unto this matter for the public to nibble on sometime this week. We are ever so grateful for their support.
This morning Alex went to the police station yet again and they have claimed that they will be actively searching for the vehicle. We are waiting to receive a copy of the report that they filed so that we can arrange all our insurance documentation.

Here is some food for thought...today morning a colleague showed me this site:

It features a stolen bike which to the untrained eye will appear to be our Honda. But since I know my bikes, I spotted that it was a different model. However, they are both off-road bikes of similar capacities. From what I understood this bike was stolen earlier this year from Mawaleh- why the sudden interest in motocross bikes? Does this only seem strange to me? It's too much of a coincidence. See below:

The bike stolen in Mawaleh earlier this year.
Our Honda XR 650 L

Let's play spot the differences.

2 comments:

  1. Will keep an eye open. Lots of people come this side of town as there are big dunes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Muscat Daily published a story on it today as well, hopefully the extra coverage will get us some results :(

    ReplyDelete